Vincent van Gogh is one of the best-known artists of all time. He’s known for his unique style and strangely beautiful works and art, but also for his short, tragic life. Today we’re talking about van Gogh and what we love about his art.
We have a full lesson plan available for studying van Gogh with your students:
Deanna’s photos of Van Gogh’s work in Museums
Things We Mentioned
- Van Gogh was influenced by the other Impressionists, including Georges Seurat, founder of Pointillism. Seurat’s famous 1884 painting, A Sunday on La Grande, is a great example of pointillism.
- Van Gogh was living with the artist Paul Gauguin when he cut off his ear!
- In our Personal Renisannce segment, we talked about the Art Parties we led!
- You can learn more about having Julie lead a local Art Party here.
- Check out Deanna’s Art Party photos here on Instagram. She used our favorite waterproof pens: Sakura Pigma Micron pens
- Julie’s started listing some of her own art for sale in her Etsy shop: RidgeLightRanch!