I designed this lesson plan on symmetry for our Classical Conversations Community to use during week 2 of Drawing Basics. I included everything you need and made it easy to scale for different ability levels.
- A quick grammar-level discussion on symmetry with references to Leonardo da Vinci.
- A picture of da Vinci’s drawing show the symmetry of the human body (with well-placed text boxes to block out the nudity).
- A warm up exercise for drawing symmetry.
- Materials list and Instructions for a space shuttle drawing project.
- Two space shuttle drawings (one simpler and one more complex) for use in the project.
This is a PDF file, so you’ll need a PDF Reader to view and print it. Download a free PDF Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
References to Classical Conversations do not constitute or imply endorsement by the company.
For more information on how we use it and photos of the project, check out my blog post on Six Weeks of Drawing Projects!