This lesson plan gives students the opportunity to learn about the Renaissance artist Michelangelo and create a clay bust.
Since we study Ancient – Renaissance History in cycle 1 of Classical Conversations, this project works great for the cycle 1 week 17, 30 minute fine arts final drawing project.
This 16 page lesson plan includes the following:
- A condensed background on the artist and his artwork
- 9 printable pictures of Michelangelo’s work
- 1 printable portrait of Michelangelo
- A carefully crafted sentence about Michelangelo (ideal for memorization)
- A simple explanation of how to work with clay (Store-bought or homemade)
- Three simple recipes for homemade clay, including suggestions for when to use which one
- Vocabulary words and definitions
- References to additional resources
- Simple art project instructions
- Materials list
- Options for scaling the art project up or down depending on the experience level of your art students
- Step-by-step pictorial instructions for how to “Create a Clay Bust”
- Bonus: Access to a video demonstration of creating a clay bust!
- Encore suggestions- These are ideas tutors can offer students for how they can repeat the lesson at home with a fun twist. If you have several hours to complete this art project, you may want to try one of these suggestions in class.
This item is also available, at a discount, within the Renaissance Artist Deluxe Package, which includes 6 lesson plans and is ideal for weeks 13-18 of Fine Arts in a cycle 1 Classical Conversations Foundations community.
This product, like everything at Ridge Light Ranch, is backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
This is a PDF file, so you’ll need a PDF Reader to view and print it. Download a free PDF Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.