This lesson plan is designed to teach students about Grandma Moses and Folk Art while learning about Emphasis (one of the Principles of Design) and Focal Point.
This lesson works well for the Classical Conversations’ Cycle 3, Week 13 (C3W13) fine arts. However, it can be used in a variety of circumstances. Looking for more help? We have a full page of free and paid helps for Cycle 3!
This 8-page lesson plan includes:
- A condensed background on the artist and Folk Art
- A carefully crafted sentence about Grandma Moses (ideal for memorization)
- A short explanation of Emphasis and Focal Point
- Vocabulary words and definitions
- A photo of the artist
- Links to a representative selection of 7 of Grandma Moses’ pieces of artwork*
- Simple art project instructions for recording a memory like Grandma Moses (with marker or paint)
- Materials list
- Completed art project samples
- Suggestions for scaling the project to experience levels
- “Encore” suggestions for going deeper with Grandma Moses
*Most of our lesson plans include printable images of the artist’s work within the lesson plan. However, since Grandma Moses’ artwork is still under copyright, we can not include them in this product. You can easily follow the links provided where you will find printable images of her art.
This lesson is also available at a discount in the “Modern Artists Deluxe Package” which includes 6 lesson plans, plus extras, and is ideal for weeks 13-18 of Fine Arts in a cycle 3 Classical Conversations Foundations community.
References to Classical Conversations do not constitute or imply endorsement by the company.
This is a PDF file, so you’ll need a PDF Reader to view and print it. Download a free PDF Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
For more info and some extra photos, check out the blog post and podcast episode about Grandma Moses!
There are no reviews yet.