Creating Relief Sculptures with Ghiberti- C1W14 Lesson Plan
$3.99 – $7.99
Students will learn about the artist Ghiberti while experimenting with clay!
This lesson plan gives students the opportunity to learn about the Renaissance artist Ghiberti, while they create a small relief out of clay.
Since we study Ancient – Renaissance History in cycle 1 of Classical Conversations, this project works great for the cycle 1 week 14, 30 minute fine arts final drawing project.
This 15 page lesson plan includes the following:
- A condensed background on the artist and his illustrations
- 7 printable pictures of Ghiberti’s work
- 1 portrait of the artist
- A carefully crafted sentence about Ghiberti (ideal for memorization)
- A simple explanation of how to work with clay (Store-bought or homemade)
- Three simple recipes for homemade clay, including suggestions for when to use which one
- Vocabulary words and definitions
- References to additional resources
- Simple art project instructions
- Materials list (This project works well with store-bought clay or homemade clay.)
- Three homemade clay recipes to chose from
- (I used my Mom’s Clay recipe for the gold bird relief and Cornstarch clay for the silver bird relief in the photos.)
- Options for scaling the art project up or down depending on the experience level of your art students
- Step-by-step pictorial instructions for “How to Create a Clay Bird Relief”
- Bonus: Access to a video demonstration of creating a clay bird relief
- Encore suggestions- These are ideas tutors can offer students for how they can repeat the lesson at home with a fun twist. If you have several hours to complete this art project, you may want to try one of these suggestions in class.
This item is also available, at a discount, within the Renaissance Artist Deluxe Package, which includes 6 lesson plans and is ideal for weeks 13-18 of Fine Arts in a cycle 1 Classical Conversations Foundations community.
This product, like everything at Ridge Light Ranch, is backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
This is a PDF file, so you’ll need a PDF Reader to view and print it. Download a free PDF Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
Single User, 2-4 Users, 5-10 Users
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.