Plein-air Painting Like Monet Lesson Plan (2nd Ed)
$3.99 – $7.99
Meet the Impressionist painter, Monet, while learning about plein air painting
In this art lesson, students learn about Claude Monet, one of the fathers of Impressionism. Then they try painting their local landscape plein air (outside)!
This 13-page lesson plan includes the following:
- A condensed background on the artist
- A carefully crafted sentence about Monet (ideal for memorization)
- 9 pages of pictures of the artists’ work plus a photograph of Monet
- A brief overview of plein air painting and some tips for success
- Vocabulary words and definitions
- Clear and concise instructions for the art project
- Materials list- simple painting supplies plus a clipboard to hold the paper while painting outside
- Suggestions for scaling the project to different skill levels
- Encore ideas for extending the project and learning through repetition
For more info and some extra photos, check out the blog post, Plein Air Painting like Monet.
I designed this lesson plan for use in our Classical Conversations community (Cycle 2, Week 16 for Fine Arts), but you could easily use it in a variety of situations.
References to Classical Conversations do not constitute or imply endorsement by the company.
This item is also available, at a discount, within the Baroque – Impressionist Artists DELUXE Package- Cycle 2 (2019), which includes 6 lesson plans and is ideal for weeks 13-18 of Fine Arts in a cycle 2 Classical Conversations Foundations community.
This product, like everything at Ridge Light Ranch, is backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
This is a PDF file, so you’ll need a PDF Reader to view and print it. Download a free PDF Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
Single User, 2-4 Users, 5-10 Users
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.