In this art lesson, students learn about Claude Monet, one of the fathers of Impressionism. Then they try painting their local landscape plein air (outside)!
This 13-page lesson plan includes the following:
- A condensed background on the artist
- A carefully crafted sentence about Monet (ideal for memorization)
- 9 pages of pictures of the artists’ work plus a photograph of Monet
- A brief overview of plein air painting and some tips for success
- Vocabulary words and definitions
- Clear and concise instructions for the art project
- Materials list- simple painting supplies plus a clipboard to hold the paper while painting outside
- Suggestions for scaling the project to different skill levels
- Encore ideas for extending the project and learning through repetition
For more info and some extra photos, check out the blog post, Plein Air Painting like Monet.
I designed this lesson plan for use in our Classical Conversations community (Cycle 2, Week 16 for Fine Arts), but you could easily use it in a variety of situations.
References to Classical Conversations do not constitute or imply endorsement by the company.
This item is also available, at a discount, within the Baroque – Impressionist Artists DELUXE Package- Cycle 2 (2019), which includes 6 lesson plans and is ideal for weeks 13-18 of Fine Arts in a cycle 2 Classical Conversations Foundations community.
This product, like everything at Ridge Light Ranch, is backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
This is a PDF file, so you’ll need a PDF Reader to view and print it. Download a free PDF Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.