Painting with Neutral Colors Like Andrew Wyeth 2nd Ed. Lesson Plan
$3.99 – $7.99
Learn about Wyeth, Color Theroy, and Neutral Colors
This lesson plan is designed to teach students about Andrew Wyeth, Color Theory & Neutrals.
This lesson works well for the Classical Conversations’ Cycle 3, Week 17 (C3W17) fine arts. However, it can be used in a variety of circumstances. Looking for more help? We have a full page of free and paid helps for Cycle 3!
This 10-page lesson plan includes:
- A condensed background on the artist
- A carefully crafted sentence about Andrew Wyeth (ideal for memorization)
- A short lesson on color theory, the color wheel, and Neutrals
- A color wheel to show students
- Vocabulary words and definitions
- A photo of the artist
- Links to a representative selection of 6 of Andrew Wyeth’s pieces of artwork*
- Materials list
- Simple art project instructions for painting in neutral colors like Andrew Wyeth
- Sample “Neutrals Chart” showing how different primary and secondary colors create different neutral colors
- Suggestions for scaling the project to different experience levels
*Most of my lesson plans include printable images of the artist’s work within the lesson plan. However, since Andrew Wyeth’s artwork is still under copyright, I can not include them in this product. You can easily follow the links provided where you will find printable images of his art.
This lesson is also available at a discount in the “Amazing American Artists Deluxe Package” which includes 6 lesson plans, plus extras, and is ideal for weeks 13-18 of Fine Arts in a cycle 3 Classical Conversations Foundations community.
References to Classical Conversations do not constitute or imply endorsement by the company.
This is a PDF file, so you’ll need a PDF Reader to view and print it. Download a free PDF Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
For more info and some extra photos, check out the blog post “Painting with Neutral Colors Like Andrew Wyeth.”
Single User, 2-4 Users, 5-10 Users