This product has been archived and is no longer available for purchase.
A similar product with updated user permissions can be found at: https://ridgelightranch.com/product/painting-in-tones-like-okeeffe-2nd-ed-lesson-plan/
This lesson plan is designed to teach students about Georgia O’Keeffe. This lesson works well for the Classical Conversations’ Cycle 3, Week 15 (C3W15) fine arts.
This 14 page lesson plan includes:
- A condensed background on the artist and American Modernism
- 19 printable pictures of O’Keeffe’s work
- A carefully crafted sentence about Georgia O’Keeffe (ideal for memorization)
- Vocabulary words and definitions
- Materials list
- Simple art project instructions for teaching how to work in different tones of one color
- Suggestions for scaling the project to different ages
- Line drawing of Abstraction White Rose.
I’d like to give a special thanks to the generous people over at the O’Keeffe Museum for their time in reviewing my use of O’Keeffe’s art and allowing me to include some of her art work here for our students to see!
This lesson is also available at a discount in the “Amazing American Artists Package” which includes 6 lesson plans and is ideal for weeks 13-18 of Fine Arts in a cycle 3 Classical Conversations Foundations community.
References to Classical Conversations do not constitute or imply endorsement by the company.
This is a PDF file, so you’ll need a PDF Reader to view and print it. Download a free PDF Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
For more info and some extra photos, check out the blog post “Painting in Tones Like OKeeffe”