This 9 page lesson plan includes the following:
- A little background on the artist,
- 6 Printable pictures of the artists’ work (including a self-portrait),
- A carefully crafted sentence about the artist that’s ideal for memorization
- Materials list
- Simple instructions that any non-artistic teacher can understand and use,
- Suggestions for scaling the project to different ages,
- A landscape template with a boy (so the students can focus on drawing the landscape),
- References to the pertinent Classical Conversations Acts and Facts cards.
I designed this lesson plan for use in our Classical Conversations community (Cycle 2, Week 15 for Fine Arts), but you could easily use it in a variety of situations.
This is a PDF file, so you’ll need a PDF Reader to view and print it. Download a free PDF Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
References to Classical Conversations do not constitute or imply endorsement by the company.
For more info and some extra photos, check out the blog post Painting Landscapes Like Gainsborough.