In this art lesson, students will learn about the British Baroque painter, Thomas Gainsborough. THen students will create a landscape painting with an imaginative background of their choice.
This 2nd Edition (2019) 17-page lesson plan includes the following:
- A condensed background on the artist
- A carefully crafted sentence about the artist that’s ideal for memorization
- 9 Printable pictures of the artists’ work (including a self-portrait),
- An overview of landscapes and a “Creating Landscapes” handout
- “Methods of Perspective” Poster
- Vocabulary words and definitions
- Clear and concise instructions for the art project
- Materials list- common painting supplies
- A landscape template with a boy (so the students can focus on drawing the landscape),
- Suggestions for scaling the project to different skill levels
- Encore ideas for extending the project and learning through repetition
For more info and some extra photos, check out the blog post Painting Landscapes Like Gainsborough.
I designed this lesson plan for use in our Classical Conversations community (Cycle 2, Week 14 for Fine Arts), but you could easily use it in a variety of situations.
References to Classical Conversations do not constitute or imply endorsement by the company.
This item is also available, at a discount, within the Baroque – Impressionist Artists DELUXE Package- Cycle 2 (2019), which includes 6 lesson plans and is ideal for weeks 13-18 of Fine Arts in a cycle 2 Classical Conversations Foundations community.
This product, like everything at Ridge Light Ranch, is backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
This is a PDF file, so you’ll need a PDF Reader to view and print it. Download a free PDF Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.