Painting in Tones Like OKeeffe 2nd Ed. Lesson Plan
$3.99 – $7.99
Learn about O’Keeffe, Modernism, and Value/Tone
This lesson plan is designed to teach students about Georgia O’Keeffe and Modernism while learning about Value/Tone (one of the 7 Elements of Art).
This lesson works well for the Classical Conversations’ Cycle 3, Week 15 (C3W15) fine arts. However, it can be used in a variety of circumstances. Looking for more help? We have a full page of free and paid helps for Cycle 3!
This 22-page lesson plan includes:
- A condensed background on the artist and American Modernism
- A carefully crafted sentence about Georgia O’Keeffe (ideal for memorization)
- A short explanation of Value/Tone
- Our 7 Elements of Art poster
- Vocabulary words and definitions
- 19 printable pictures of O’Keeffe’s work
- Materials list
- Simple art project instructions for teaching how to work in different tones of one color
- Suggestions for scaling the project to different ages
- Line drawing of Abstraction White Rose.
I’d like to give a special thanks to the generous people over at the O’Keeffe Museum for their time in reviewing my use of O’Keeffe’s art and allowing me to include some of her artwork here for our students to see!
This lesson is also available at a discount in the “Modern Artists Package” which includes 6 lesson plans and is ideal for weeks 13-18 of Fine Arts in a cycle 3 Classical Conversations Foundations community.
References to Classical Conversations do not constitute or imply endorsement by the company.
This is a PDF file, so you’ll need a PDF Reader to view and print it. Download a free PDF Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
For more info and some extra photos, check out the blog post “Painting in Tones Like OKeeffe”
Single User, 2-4 Users, 5-10 Users
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.