This 81-page art curriculum was designed for a six-week art unit about 6 well-known Modern Artists.
This package is ideal for Classical Conversations (CC), Cycle 3, 3rd quarter fine arts. However, it can be used in a variety of circumstances.
This package includes:
- Six-week master materials list (not sold separately)
- Six-week master shopping list (not sold separately)
- Six lesson plans
- Remembering Like Grandma Moses (CC, Cycle 3, week 13)
- Creating Cubist Art like Picasso (CC, Cycle 3, week 14)
- Painting in Tones Like OKeeffe (CC, Cycle 3, week 15)
- Illustrating Like Norman Rockwell (CC, Cycle 3, week 16)
- Painting with Neutral Colors Like Andrew Wyeth (CC, Cycle 3, week 17)
- Painting with Primary Colors Like Roy Lichtenstein (CC, Cycle 3, week 18)
- Modern Artists and Composers Timeline (also available separately)
- Modern Artists Flashcards (also available separately)
Please look at each lesson individually for details! Each lesson plan includes:
- A condensed background on the artist
- A carefully crafted sentence or two about the artist that’s ideal for memorization (aka. grammar sentences)
- A short explanation of an art concept
- A few vocabulary words with simple definitions
- Materials list
- Clear and concise instructions for the art project
- Suggestions for scaling the project to different skill levels
- Encore ideas for extending the project and learning through repetition
- Any extras you might need (templates, posters, cheat sheets, line drawings, etc)
*Most of our lesson plans include printable images of the artist’s work within the lesson plan. However, since most of these artists’ artworks are still under copyright, we can not include them in this product. Instead, we’ve included easy to follow links where you will find printable images of a representative sample of each artists’ art.
This package, like everything at Ridge Light Ranch, is backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
The strikethrough price is the price if you buy these all separately, so you can see it’s a great discount!
References to Classical Conversations do not constitute or imply endorsement by the company.
These are PDF files, so you’ll need a PDF reader to view and print them. Download a free PDF Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.