This product has been archived and is no longer available for purchase.
A similar product with updated user permissions can be found at: https://ridgelightranch.com/product/illustrating-like-norman-rockwell-2nd-ed-lesson-plan/
This lesson plan is designed to teach students about Norman Rockwell and the genre of art illustrations. This lesson works well for the Classical Conversations’ Cycle 3, Week 14 (C3W14) fine arts.
This 15 page lesson plan includes:
- A condensed background on the artist and his illustrations
- 10 printable pictures of Rockwell’s work and a self-portrait of the artist
- A carefully crafted sentence about Norman Rockwell (ideal for memorization)
- Vocabulary words and definitions
- Materials list
- Simple art project instructions
- Suggestions for scaling the project to different ages
- Basic stick figure break down and two line drawings of Gramps at the Plate.
This lesson is also available at a discount in the “Amazing American Artists Package” which includes 6 lesson plans and is ideal for weeks 13-18 of Fine Arts in a cycle 3 Classical Conversations Foundations community.
References to Classical Conversations do not constitute or imply endorsement by the company.
This is a PDF file, so you’ll need a PDF Reader to view and print it. Download a free PDF Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
For more info and some extra photos, check out the blog post “Illustrating Like Normal Rockwell”