Identifying Trees Using Texture- Lesson Plan
$3.99 – $7.99
Learn about the science of tree identification while creating the illusion of different textures
This lesson plan gives students the opportunity to learn about the science of tree identification while practicing creating the illusion of texture in art. In this lesson, students will draw the trunks of a few different kinds of trees. This art project works great with a pencil or colored pencils and paper.
This project works great for the Classical Conversations week 6, 30-minute art project.
This 7-page lesson plan includes the following:
- A condensed explanation of how scientists use bark texture to help identify trees
- An overview of how to create the appearance of texture in art
- “The 7 Elements of Art” poster
- A page of photographs showing 9 different tree trunk textures
- A page of sketches showing 9 different tree trunk textures
- Vocabulary words and definitions
- References to additional resources
- Simple art project instructions
- Materials list
- Options for scaling the art project up or down depending on the experience level of your art students
- Encore suggestions- These are ideas tutors and teachers can offer students for how they can repeat the lesson at home with a fun twist. If you have several hours to complete this art project, you may want to try one of these suggestions in class.
This item is also available, at a discount, within the Science Meets Art Drawing Package which includes 6 lesson plans and is ideal for weeks 1-6 of Fine Arts in a cycle 2 Classical Conversations Foundations community.
This product, like everything at Ridge Light Ranch, is backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
This is a PDF file, so you’ll need a PDF Reader to view and print it. Download a free PDF Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
Single User, 2-4 Users, 5-10 Users
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.