This 12 page lesson plan includes the following:
- A condensed background on the artist,
- 7 Printable pictures of the artists’ work (including 2 self-portraits),
- A pair of carefully crafted sentences about Rembrandt (ideal for memorization),
- Vocabulary words and definitions
- Materials list
- Simple instructions that any artistically challenged teacher can understand and use,
- Suggestions for scaling the project to different ages,
- A faces template and 2 Tutor Cheat Sheets
- References to the pertinent Classical Conversations Acts and Facts cards.
I designed this lesson plan for use in our Classical Conversations community (Cycle 2, Week 15 for Fine Arts), but you could easily use it in a variety of situations.
This is a PDF file, so you’ll need a PDF Reader to view and print it. Download a free PDF Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
References to Classical Conversations do not constitute or imply endorsement by the company.
For more info and some extra photos, check out the blog post Drawing Facial Expressions like Rembrandt.