This 16 page lesson plan includes the following:
- A condensed background on the artist,
- 9 Printable pictures (including 2 of Linnaeus’ botanicals, 7 other botanicals, and a painting of Linnaeus),
- A pair of carefully crafted sentences about Linnaeus (ideal for memorization),
- Vocabulary words and definitions
- Materials list
- Simple instructions that any artistically challenged teacher can understand and use,
- Suggestions for scaling the project to different ages,
- Two simplified line drawings of a botanical (ideal for younger kids to trace),
- References to the pertinent Classical Conversations Acts and Facts cards.
I designed this lesson plan for use in our Classical Conversations community (Cycle 2, Week 14 for Fine Arts), but you could easily use it in a variety of situations.
This is a PDF file, so you’ll need a PDF Reader to view and print it. Download a free PDF Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
References to Classical Conversations do not constitute or imply endorsement by the company.
For more info and some extra photos, check out the blog post Drawing Botanicals like Linnaeus.