Drawing is a great way to learn the geography of South America! My son is in Classical Conversation’s Challange A and I’m drawing the world with him as part of his Cartography class. To make it easier, I’m creating simpler maps for him to draw from and step-by-step instructions to help him see what basic shapes to draw first.
I use a combination of basic shapes (sometimes called blob mapping) and a loose grid system, so students can scale their maps up and down while maintaining the proportions of the map.
You may also enjoy coloring these maps to gain familiarity with the geography of the region
Check out the other resources I have for using Cartography to learn Geography.
- Instructions for how to draw South America using the included maps
- A full-color map of South America with countries and cities labeled
- A black and white map of South America with no labels
- A partially colored map with dots for cities that should be labeled
- A sketch of the Western Hemisphere on a grid, to help connect Canada, the USA, Central America, and South America.
You will receive a 16-page PDF with several full-page maps. This file is best printed on 8.5×11 paper.
This is a PDF file, so you’ll need a PDF Reader to view and print it. Download a free PDF Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
This is for personal use only- not for commercial use. If you teach in a public or private classroom or homeschool community, you may print as many paper copies as you need for class. Each teacher must purchase their own copy of this digital download.
This package, like everything at Ridge Light Ranch, is backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.