Creating Movement like Van Gogh
$3.99 – $7.99
Learn about one of the most famous artists of all time and create a work of art with the principle of “movement.”
In this art lesson, students learn about the famous Post-Impressionist artist, Vincent van Gogh. Then students complete a painting project focused on creating movement with short choppy brush strokes, like van Gogh.
This 23-page lesson plan includes the following:
- A condensed background on the artist
- A carefully crafted sentence about van Gogh (ideal for memorization)
- 16 printable pictures of Van Gogh’s work, including 2 self-portraits
- A brief overview of “movement,” one of the Principles of Design
- Vocabulary words and definitions
- Clear and concise instructions for the art project
- A line drawing of The Starry Night and Wheat Field with Cypress, which can be used in the art project
- Materials list- common painting supplies
- Suggestions for scaling the project to different skill levels
- Encore ideas for extending the project and learning through repetition
I designed this lesson plan for use in our Classical Conversations community (Cycle 2, Week 18 for Fine Arts), but you could easily use it in a variety of situations.
References to Classical Conversations do not constitute or imply endorsement by the company.
This item is also available, at a discount, within the Baroque – Impressionist Artists DELUXE Package- Cycle 2 (2019), which includes 6 lesson plans and is ideal for weeks 13-18 of Fine Arts in a cycle 2 Classical Conversations Foundations community.
This product, like everything at Ridge Light Ranch, is backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
This is a PDF file, so you’ll need a PDF Reader to view and print it. Download a free PDF Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
Single User, 2-4 Users, 5-10 Users
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.