In this art lesson, students learn about the famous Modern artist, Pablo Picasso, and one of the movements he started: Cubism. Then students complete a cubist piece of art like Picasso.
This 11-page lesson plan includes the following:
- A condensed background on the artist and his different artistic styles
- Links to 11 of Picasso’s most important works of art
- A carefully crafted sentence about Picasso (ideal for memorization)
- 2 photos of Picasso
- An overview of the “Cubism” movement
- Vocabulary words and definitions
- Clear and concise instructions for the art project
- Materials list for the colored pencil project
- Suggestions for scaling the project to different skill levels
- Encore ideas for extending the project and learning through repetition
*Most of my lesson plans include printable images of the artist’s work within the lesson plan. However, since Pablo Picasso’s artwork is still under copyright, I can not include them in this product. You can easily follow the links provided in the lesson where you will find printable images of each work of art the lesson mentions.
I designed this lesson plan for use in our Classical Conversations community (Cycle 3, Week 14 for Fine Arts), but you could easily use it in a variety of situations. Looking for more help? We have a full page of free and paid helps for Cycle 3!
References to Classical Conversations do not constitute or imply endorsement by the company.
This lesson is also available at a discount in the “Modern Artists Deluxe Package” which includes 6 lesson plans, plus extras, and is ideal for weeks 13-18 of Fine Arts in a cycle 3 Classical Conversations Foundations community.
This product, like everything at Ridge Light Ranch, is backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
This is a PDF file, so you’ll need a PDF Reader to view and print it. Download a free PDF Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
There are no reviews yet.