Basic Lines and Shapes of Trees- Lesson Plan
$3.99 – $7.99
Learn about how to draw using lines and shapes while learning about the science of tree identification.
This lesson plan gives students the opportunity to learn about the science of tree identification while learning how to use the first two elements of art: Line and Shape. Students will draw several types of trees, focusing on the overall shape of each type of tree. This art project works best with markers, crayons, or other media that makes thick lines (rather than a pencil, which makes thin precise lines.)
This project works great for the Classical Conversations week 1, 30-minute art project.
This 11-page lesson plan includes the following:
- A simple explanation of how to use line and shape to draw accurate trees
- A condensed explanation of how overall tree shape is used in the science of tree identification
- 5 sample drawings of 5 different types of trees
- 5 step-by-step drawings of 5 different types of trees
- “The 7 Elements of Art” poster
- Vocabulary words and definitions
- References to additional resources
- Simple art project instructions
- Materials list
- Options for scaling the art project up or down depending on the experience level of your art students
- Encore suggestions- These are ideas tutors and teachers can offer students for how they can repeat the lesson at home with a fun twist. If you have several hours to complete this art project, you may want to try one of these suggestions in class.
This item is also available, at a discount, within the Science Meets Art Drawing Package which includes 6 lesson plans and is ideal for weeks 1-6 of Fine Arts in a cycle 2 Classical Conversations Foundations community.
This product, like everything at Ridge Light Ranch, is backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
This is a PDF file, so you’ll need a PDF Reader to view and print it. Download a free PDF Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
Single User, 2-4 Users, 5-10 Users
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.