I’m going to show you have to make your very own paperclip ribbon planner bookmarks with just a paperclip and a few inches of ribbon! They add a fun element to your planner and are super easy to move around. You can watch the video or read the text- they both say about the same thing.
I really love these cute paperclip ribbon planner bookmarks I see all over the internet. I almost bought some on etsy when I remembered I have a box full of ribbon and a gazillion paperclips leftover from my more corporate days. So, instead I experimented a bit and ended up making myself a fun little stash of them. It turns out they are super easy to make and, I don’t know why exactly, but they instantly double planner-love.
(actual instructions start at 0:18 seconds into video, if you want to skip the fluff!)
Step By Step
- First, you need some ribbon that’s about 1/4 inch wide. Don’t be too picky, just in that ballpark.
- Cut the ribbon about 4.5 inches long.
- Hold your paperclip with the double loop down.
- Lay the ribbon on top of the paperclip then wrap the right side around and under the right half of the paperclip and come back up through the inside.
- Repeat on the left side.
- If your ribbon is a little slick or you just want it to be extra secure, put a dot of glue on the back where the ribbon is wrapping around the paperclip and how it taunt while the glue dries.
- Trim the ends and you’re done!