Are you ready for Cycle 3 Art?
You Can Easily Teach Art Using the Classical Model of Education
Are you busy? Planning art projects that focus on the fundamentals (the grammar) of art takes hours of time. However, there’s no need to spend your limited free time reinventing the wheel by writing art lesson plans. I want to give you my complete art lesson plans for your homeschool community so you can reclaim your time.
No one wants to spend their evenings and weekends writing lesson plans. We all want to just relax… maybe read a book, watch our kids play soccer or chat with friends… But how can you relax with all these art projects hanging over your head?
“What exactly are we going to do for art each week? How can I make this art project work for both 4 year olds and 12 year olds? How can we make sure we’re teaching some real art principles in such a short time block? What supplies should I purchase?
I get it, I’ve been a Classical Conversations SR, Director, and Foundations tutor myself and plenty of my evenings and weekends have been anything BUT relaxing. However, this year, I finally created all my art lesson plans ahead of time and pulled together an organized, succinct shopping list before the summer even got into full swing! No need to re-invent the wheel- I’m sharing all my lesson plans with you here, so you can relax too!
Check our general CC page here for FAQs and testimonials from other happy CC peeps!
(References to Classical Conversations do not constitute or imply endorsement by the company.)
Are you curious about what a Ridge Light Ranch art lesson plan looks like?
Download a sample art lesson plan here.
All American Drawing Art Lessons
(Weeks 1-6 in CC, cycle 3)
- Week 1: Lesson Plan and Blog Post: Looking for Basic Shapes in American Landmarks
- Week 2: Lesson Plan and Blog Post: Drawing the U.S. Capitol Building using Symmetry
- Week 3: Lesson Plan and Blog Post: Drawing Upside Down Ships
- Week 4: Lesson Plan and Blog Post: Using Color like Andy Warhol
- Week 5: Lesson Plan and Blog Post: Tricking the Eye with Op Art
- Week 6: Lesson Plan and Blog Post: Making a Statement with Grant Wood’s American Gothic
All American Drawing Package- Cycle 3
Modern Artists Art Lessons
(Weeks 13-18 in CC, cycle 3)
(This package was previously called the “Amazing American Artists Package”)
During the 3rd quarter, we’ll be having fun with these Modern Artist lesson plans:
- Week 13 Remembering Like Grandma Moses, 2nd Ed. Lesson Plan
- Week 13 Remembering Like Grandma Moses Blog Post
- Week 13 Why Study Grandma Moses? Blog Post and Podcast Episode
- Week 14 Lesson Plan: Creating Cubist Art like Picasso
- Week 15 Painting in Tones Like O’Keeffe, 2nd Ed. Lesson Plan Painting in Tones Like O’Keeffe, 2nd Ed.
- Week 15 Painting in Tones Like O’Keeffe Blog Post
- Week 15 Why Study Georgia O’Keeffe? Blog Post and Podcast Episode
- Week 16 Illustrating Like Norman Rockwell, 2nd Ed. Lesson Plan
- Week 16 Illustrating Like Norman Rockwell Blog Post
- Week 16 Why Study Norman Rockwell? Blog Post and Podcast Episode
- Week 17 Painting with Neutral Colors Like Andrew Wyeth, 2nd Ed. Lesson Plan
- Week 17 Painting with Neutral Colors Like Andrew Wyeth Blog Post
- Week 17 Why Study Andrew Wyeth? Blog Post and Podcast Episode
- Week 18 Painting with Primary Colors Like Roy Lichtenstein, 2nd Ed. Lesson Plan
- Week 18 Painting with Primary Colors Like Roy Lichtenstein Blog Post:
- Week 18 Why Study Roy Lichtenstein? Blog Post and Podcast Episode
Jim Davis is no longer included in Classical Conversation’s cycle 3 artists, but he’s still a super-fun artist to study
- Creating Cartoons Like Jim Davis Lesson Plan
- Creating Cartoons Like Jim Davis Blog Post
- Why Study Jim Davis? Blog Post and Podcast Episode
Modern Artists Package (previously “Amazing American Artists Package”)
You can also purchase this set of lesson plans in a great package deal. The deluxe includes everything the basic includes plus a set of flashcards and a timeline for the Modern Period of the Arts:
If you’re curious about what supplies you’ll need to complete these lessons, you can download the Cycle 3 Amazing American Artists Materials List here. (It’s included with both Modern Artist Packages.)
Modern Artists BASIC Package
Modern Artists DELUXE Package