The Anyone Can Teach Art Book
“Me? Teach art? I don’t even know how to draw!!”
Many of us started there.
- We felt a total lack of confidence in teaching art.
- We wanted to give our children all the benefits of art in their education but didn’t know how.
- Some of us did a few colorful hands-on projects with our children, but we could see they weren’t really learning the basics of art.
- We had never learned the basics of art ourselves.
But then, after a few years of teaching art with the classical model of education, we realized that teaching art can be as simple as teaching any other subject and we can learn it alongside our children!
All the Ways to Buy
- Buy a Full-Color Print Copy Straight from Julie Abels, (Contact us about bulk pricing of 5 or more copies) Amazon, Barnes&Noble, or Wherever Books are Sold.
- Buy the Digitally Narrated Audio Book on Google Play.
- Buy eBook on Kindle, GooglePlay, Apple, Nook, or Wherever eBooks are Sold.
- Your local library can also purchase a copy of my book! Ask your library to purchase a paper or digital copy.
What’s the Book About?
In this book, Anyone Can Teach Art, we’ve condensed our knowledge here for you. Instead of a how-to-draw book, Anyone Can Teach Art presents the scope and sequence of a classical Christian art curriculum for K-12 students. In this book, we break it all down for you. By the end of this book you’ll know:
- Why art should be included in everyone’s education
- What are the basics of art creation and art appreciation
- How to use the ancient, amazingly effective, classical model of education to teach art
- Which simple drills and exercises to include in art projects to help students advance their skills
- How to proceed in art education once your students have mastered the basics
Learn the basics and follow the plan in this book and you’ll realize how easy it really is to teach art.
What’s stopping you from including art in your child’s education? Grab this book and get started today!
Listen to the Author read the First Few Chapters Free:
What People Are Saying
“This book teaches the average person how to bring art knowledge and instruction into their home classically. Abels covers all aspects of the Classical model of education. Abels’ description and explanations of famous art rivals that of my college art history class. She elegantly weaves the importance and necessity of art in education with easily understandable ways to make it happen at home. Principles of design, art history and specific examples of how to incorporate it into school are covered. She really does make teaching art approachable. I’ve taught classically for years, and have studied many of these methods, but I am so excited about this resource!”-Jessica Sibley
This book is so great, it’s almost unbelievable. It actually does teach you how to teach art! It’s well organized, easy to understand, and best of all it isn’t just a big list of projects. It teaches you the method. It breaks the whole process down of how kids (and adults!) learn art into steps which takes away all the mystery or necessity to be a talented artist. I especially like that she explains how you can take her method and apply it whatever to you happen to be doing. So you don’t need to just follow her lesson plans (although you could). You learn what steps to do to make your own lesson plans!
And if that’s not enough, she does this by clearly explaining the classical method of how kids learn. It’s here applied to art, but honestly, it’s helped me in general look at how I’m teaching other subjects. As a classical homeschooler myself, I’ve read a lot on what classical education is… and it can get really murky and confusing. But this art book has one of the best explanations of classical education in general, and honestly would be worth getting it just for that!
Really, I would highly, highly recommend it!– Steph Shipley