Celtic Art has such a unique look to it that most people can easily identify at Celtic, whether it’s from the earlier pre-Christian eras or the later Celtic-Christian times. In this style we see a lot of patterns and drawings that look like knots and ropes. As far as abstract art goes, it’s a very meticulous, mathematical style- very different than some other types of abstract art.
Check out all the episodes in this Drawing Ancient Art series!
- Podcast #28: Exploring Prehistoric Art
- Podcast #29: Egyptian Art- Variety and Consistency
- Podcast #30: Greek Art- Linking Ancient to Modern Art
- Podcast #31: Celtic Art
- Podcast #32: Greek and Roman Architecture
- Podcast #33: Illuminated Manuscripts