This lesson is designed to give students more practice recognizing basic shapes
This lesson builds on “Basic Shapes of American Landmarks,” but still stands on its own. In this lesson we train our eyes to see basic shapes by drawing our subject, a tall ship from the age of exploration, upside down. This is what we’ll be doing for our Classical Conversations cycle 3 week 3 (C3W3) fine arts project.
This 6 page lesson plan includes the following:
- A review of Basic Shapes
- References to additional resources
- 2 printable pictures of ships in artwork
- Vocabulary words and definitions
- Materials list
- Detailed Art Project instructions
- Step by step guide for drawing a tall ship
- Options for scaling the project to different experience levels
This lesson is also available at a discount in the “All American Drawing Package” which includes 6 lesson plans and is ideal for weeks 1-6 of Fine Arts in a cycle 3 Classical Conversations Foundations community.
This is a PDF file, so you’ll need a PDF Reader to view and print it. Download a free PDF Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
For more info and some extra photos, check out the blog post “Drawing Upside Down Ships.” (coming soon!).