I designed this lesson plan on symmetry for our CC Community to use during week 2 of Drawing Basics. I included everything you need and made it easy to scale for different ability levels.
- A quick grammar-level discussion on symmetry with references to Leonordo da Vinci.
- A picture of da Vicni’s drawing show the symmetry of the human body (with well-placed text boxes to block out the nudity).
- A warm up exercise for drawing symmetry.
- Materials list and Instructions for a space shuttle drawing project.
- Two space shuttle drawings (one simpler and one more complex) for use in the project.
This is a PDF file, so you’ll need a PDF Reader to view and print it. Download a free PDF Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
For more information on how we use it and photos of the project, check out my blog post on Six Weeks of Drawing Projects!