This lesson plan is designed to teach students about Grandma Moses This lesson works well for the Classical Conversations’ Cycle 3, Week 13 (C3W13) fine arts.
This 7 page lesson plan includes:
- A condensed background on the artist and Folk Art
- A carefully crafted sentence about Grandma Moses (ideal for memorization)
- Vocabulary words and definitions
- A photo of the artist
- Links to a representative selection of 7 of Grandma Moses’ pieces of artwork*
- Materials list
- Simple art project instructions for recording a memory like Grandma Moses (with marker or paint)
- Completed art project sample
- Suggestions for scaling the project to experience levels
*Most of my lesson plans include printable images of the artist’s work within the lesson plan. However, since Grandma Moses’ art work is still under copyright, I can not include them in this product. You can easily follow the links provided where you will find printable images of her art.
This lesson is also available at a discount in the “Amazing American Artists Deluxe Package” which includes 6 lesson plans, plus extras, and is ideal for weeks 13-18 of Fine Arts in a cycle 3 Classical Conversations Foundations community.
This is a PDF file, so you’ll need a PDF Reader to view and print it. Download a free PDF Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
For more info and some extra photos, check out the blog post “Remembering Like Grandma Moses” (coming soon!).